Re: Oracle data file format

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2002 17:44:28 -0700

"koert54" <koert54_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<FWLM8.23549$ud.2721_at_afrodite.telenet-ops.be>...
> "Jeremiah Wilton" <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > think the goal of doing experiments like this is to increase knowledge
> > and unrestanding of computing architectures and data storage
>
> Agreed
>
> > This kind of violent response to simple experimentation just tells me
> > that there are a lot of uninnovative and self-satidfied DBAs still out
> > there.
> >

> Agreed !
> > > Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

[many lines snipped]
Just realized how far this thread has gone over the weekend. And I realize that I didn't say clearly enough my message is not advice, much less [non-]professional advice. It's just an experiment to satisfy my curiosity, because sometimes I have spare time around midnight. Thanks to Jememiah and koert54 for understanding.

To make this thread continue to be of technical rather than political nature, I'd really want to know if someone has a clue why Oracle doesn't allow us to move datafiles between Windows2000 and WindowsNT. It's proved to be working fine, although not by rigorous testing. If Oracle approves it, it may potentially save a lot of customers' time.

Yong Huang Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 19:44:28 CDT