Re: Oracle 9i does not use spfile on W2k?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2002 15:32:56 -0700

In article <PM0003A2F9A086FDE5_at_hades.none.local>, Lothar says...

>Hello out there,
>yesterday we installed Oracle 9i on a W2k Server. I created a spfile
>from the init.ora and it is used when I startup the database from
>SQL*Plus but it is not used when the database is started automatically
>after server reboot.
>The documentation (Administrator's Guide for Windows) describes the use
>of oradim which can be used to make an instance startup automatically
>but it does not even mention the spfile. Oradim has a pfile parameter
>but none regarding spfile (at least not in the docs).
>Now the question is what can I do to make the automatic startup use the
>spfile instead of the init.ora?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>Lothar
>
>--
>Lothar Armbrüster | la_at_oktagramm.de
>Hauptstr. 26 | la_at_heptagramm.de
>D-65346 Eltville | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
Create the spfile in the default directory and naming convention where Oracle expects it and Oracle will use it. The search mechanism if you just say STARTUP is the SPFILE, then the PFILE.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 17:32:56 CDT