Re: Change charset of database

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_bountifulsolutions.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:39:47 +0100

Beware of a bug with UTF8 charsets. I'm at home just now and don't have the bug number, but it goes something like this :

if you use 817 and UTF8 then there is a problem whereby you cannot exceed 2000 bytes (not UTF characters) in the bind variable values in an SQL statement. Also, none of the individual bind varaible values can exceed 600 bytes.

We have a customer who is using UTF8 charset and when we run our application against a UTF8 setup, we hit the error. If we change back to WE8DECxxxx it works fine.

This is not fixed i 8.1.7.3.0 yet either as that is the patch level we are using. I'm not sure if it is HP specific or all platforms, but our setup is HP 32 bit.

regards,

Norman Dunbar. Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:39:47 CDT