Re: The Few Extents Myth(?) Revisited

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2002 08:17:50 -0700

Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3D01100C.5AE6_at_yahoo.com>...
> This is true, but only applies to dict managed tspaces which of course
> no-one is using anymore :-) Similarly, its only an issue for tables
> that you truncate or drop - and of course, we're using global temp
> tables for that :-)
>
> hth
> connor

Connor,

How are you handling the subject of statistics for global temporary tables where the average number of rows for such tables varies widely?

If you're using the CBO (of course) you would have to use 1 set of values for statistics for all child tables of the global temp table - not a very practical result.

8.1.7.3.0

thanks,

Paul Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:17:50 CDT