How to determine the OSDBA group?

From: Richard Piasecki <ogo_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2002 07:16:23 -0500

Quick question for anyone out there:

How can I determine what the unix OSDBA/OSOPER groups are? I'm assuming Oracle 8i on a Solaris system. So, in other words, when I use svrmgrl and type "connect internal", what does oracle do to determine whether it should permit the connection or throw up the dreaded "Password:" prompt?

I assume the group names are stored somewhere in the data dictionary but I've yet to find it. I've spent several hours looking over the docs and the internet, but have found nothing yet. Anybody know?