Re: What is 'Trusted Oracle'?

From: Priyesh Patel <priyesh_at_mercurie.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:13:39 +0100

Just in case you found the other replies a little heavy on the technical side :

Trusted Oracle made it's appearance shortly after Oracle version 7 was launched. It is an alternative database product rather than an "add-on" which offers a number of security features that would be mainly of interest to the military.

A number of vendors supply a secure version of unix and the Trusted Oracle product is intended to operate under such operating systems. Outside of the militiary world, I doubt if there is much of a market for such a product.

Other posters have provided more detailed information about some of the product's features. It is best t

Regards
Priyesh
www.mercurie.co.uk