Re: VTADB-1000

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:25:08 +1000

I can't answer for sure, because error numbers are pretty meaningless unless I look them up for the actual error text (there's a hint in there for the future, for you and everyone else).

But DBA Studio is not supplied with 9i, since it's replacement is to use Enterprise Manager in 'standalone' mode (ie, not connecting via a management server). I would imagine that this move on Oracle's part makes the use of an old client utility such as DBA Studio problematic at best.

OEM in standalone mode looks suspiciously like DBA Studio, by the way, so you won't lose any functionality by using the right client tool with the right back end.

Regards