Re: Database recovery from user error

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2002 08:49:00 -0700

In article <adrgod$oho$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...

>"Sean M" <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
>> >
>> > But we don't disagree. You have a recovery scenario which has been
>diagnosed
>> > to within an inch of its life, and is utterly predictable as a
>consequence.
>> > Same recovery scenario every night... Naturally that can be automated.
>Our
>> > original poster has dropped a table. Unless he plans on dropping the
>same
>> > table at the same time every day for the next year, the benefits of
>scrpting
>> > and automation in his scenario escape me!! ;-)
>>
>> Agreed - didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just shifting the topic
>> slightly for the sake of keeping this group lively on a slow Friday
>> afternoon.
>>

>It's an even slower Saturday morning here! With rain, to boot. Oh, and the
>'flu to keep me company. And an 8i New Features to ready (steady?) myself
>for next week.
>
>Honestly -how can anything in 8i still be called a "new feature"?? I ask
>you!

Dead easy - just ask Sybrand how many pre-8i databases his customers are still running! For them, there are an enormous number of "new features" . ;)

>Regards
>HJR
>

>> Regards,
>> Sean

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sat Jun 08 2002 - 10:49:00 CDT