Re: Oracle 8.1.7/NT4.0 SP6: Can't get my Instance startet automatically

From: Melvin <perfect_golf_at_excite.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 15:05:10 -0700

Hi There,

On the server where oracle is installed, look for the sqlnet.ora entry under the network/admin directory in oracle. There is a bug with version 8.1.7.0.0 which is fixed in one of the later patches. In the sqlnet.ora file, comment out the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES entry...If you apply the appropriate patches, this will not be a problem....