Why this error after reboot?

From: Anastasios Kotsikonas <tasos_at_csa.bu.edu>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 21:42:52 GMT

Please ignore my ignorance here... I installed 8i on Win2k and everything is fine... after a reboot I get:

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

However, if I invoke the Database Configuration Assistant and select my database and just hit Next it starts Oracle and mounts my database. Any clues?

Also, I read on OTN that running the assistant as Administrator should create LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA but it doesn't... What am I missing?

thanks in advance

-t Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 16:42:52 CDT