Re: Large Pool vs Shared Pool

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 11:54:04 -0700

On 8.1.7 on AIX I have seen ORA-04031 and then ORA-03780 errors when a large pool was not used with large complex queries (a 15 table join). I always suggest turning it on by using the parallel_automatic_tuning initialization parameter. As long as you don't have DOP set and have no parallel slaves configured it shouldn't be harmful. Also, manually set the size of V$SGASTAT may not see it.

Mike Ault