Large Pool vs Shared Pool

From: Kevin S. Smith <SpamNoMore_at_EriePlating.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:39:25 -0400

Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.2.

I read that instead of using a large pool, you can set the SHARED_POOL_RESERVED_SIZE init.ora parameter to reserve memory in the shared pool for large SQL statments to be processed. Is there an advantage to using either one of these? We are not running multithreaded server, but we do run some very large SQL queries. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Kevin Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 09:39:25 CDT