Re: Sql Loader 8163 prob

From: Bhooshan Prabhu <bhooshan.s.prabhu_at_orbitech.co.in>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 04:40:48 -0700

Hello,

The read buffer refers to the SQL Loader command line parameter READSIZE=XXXXX. The parameter enables SQL*Loader to perform reads from the external datafile in chunks of XXXXX bytes before a commit is required.

Error 556 does indicate that perhaps the READSIZE has been set to too high and Oracle suggets a workaround of specifying a smaller size. You can find the rather small documentation at http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90202/ulus.htm

Regards
Bhooshan