Re: Oracle data file format

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_no_spam_at_rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 05:31:39 GMT

You can easily reformat them by issuing command:

CMD>ren filename.ora filename.dbf
and
SQL>alter database rename file 'FILENAME.ORA' to 'FILENAME.DBF';

You can choose any extention you like!

There is so many unixes. Probably it is possible to put window's datafiles files into INTEL Linux, and may be it will even work, but nobody can guarantee that, and Oracle Corp will not support.

use exp and imp to move databases across platforms.