Re: maximum size of an extent

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 05:54:01 +1000

No.

However, in 8.1.7, you can create locally managed tablespaces that then proceed only ever to allocate the extent sizes they've been created to allocate ("uniform size" is the magic clause). With them in place, it matters not a jot what the table *says* it wants as its initial or next extent size, it gets what the tablespace says it will get.

Regards