Oracle 8.1.7/NT4.0 SP6: Can't get my Instance startet automatically

From: Bielzer, Christian <christian.bielzer_at_spam.sawis.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:47:31 +0200

Hi folks,

I know it should be something very simple do to, but ... .

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on a Windows PC running NT4.0 SP6. With the oradim I have created a service with startmode=manual. I later on decided to have it better started automatically.

Thats what I did:
1) ORADIM -DELETE -SID test
2) oradim -new -sid TEST -intpwd ORACLE -startmode AUTO -pfile C:\orant\admin\TEST\pfile\initTEST.ora

I have checked the startupmode of the OracleServiceTest and it is set to automatic just like the listerner service. The value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ORA_TEST_AUTOSTART in the registry is set to TRUE.

When I reboot my PC, the OracleService will be started but not the instance. It still need to be done using the svrmgrl. In previous Oracle versions, like 7.3.4, there used to be a service called OracleStart(TEST), which I can't find in the 8.1.7 environment. Since oracle 8.1.7 has the registry parameter ORA_TEST_AUTOSTART, I would speculate that the service has become obsolete.

Is the something wrong in my understanding, or have I only done half of what has to be done or ist there simply a bug?

Thanx

Christian Bielzer Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 09:47:31 CDT