Re: Execute immediate problem. Dear Mr. Morgan...

From: MacMadsen <jesper_madsen_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:00:40 +0200

Can it be a goofy error message you get because the server only tries to execute the first 2000 chars as a script?? does V_Script contain the whole script?

There are a limit on the SQL string you send to Oracle and as far as i know, that limit is around 2k. What we have been used to doing is, if we need to set data larger than 1k, we use a bind variable, but i'm not sure you can execute a bind variable... execute immediate (:mybind), you might be able to wrap it into a PLSQL procedure and execute it in the database, but not through execute immediate, since it handles dynamic sql...

Hope this helps