Urgent !!! Oracle Database Backup

From: Henry Lau <henryl_at_asper.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:41:47 +0800

Hi all,

    My computer is using Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows 2000 server. I would like to backup the database and restore it to a Sun Solaris platform using Oracle 8.1.7. First question, is it possible ??

    Second, I try to shut down the database and try to copy all the database file to unix platform (init.ora, *.ora........) Is it possible to restore the database to another server (from windows to unix) ??

    Third, Actually, i have a oracle original backup source and i can restore the database to windows 2000 and Oracle 8.1.6 successfully from data files(init.ora, data.ora........) by execute the script they provide. Now i found that the database files is *.ora but i also found that the normal database files is *.dbf. Is it possible to restore to another server (from windows to unix) ??

Thank
Henry Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 20:41:47 CDT