Re: Times spent on latches...fast responses gratefully appreciated.

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2002 15:34:03 -0700

Other than cursor_sharing=force, also try _spin_count=4000 or 10000 since you have spare CPU power. You can alter system set "_spin_count"=...

I have these parameters in my Portal database running on an 8 CPU, 4GB RAM server:

#cursor_space_for_time = true
session_cached_cursors = 30
_kgl_bucket_count = 5
_kgl_latch_count = 23

Yong Huang Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 17:34:03 CDT