Re: re NOLOGGING/LOGGING

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:36:22 +1000

In article <adik4n$7vl$1_at_clematis.singnet.com.sg>, you said (and I quote):

> The "until 9iR2 of course when you can set the database to FORCE logging
> even if
> someone tries NOLOGGING"
> is good.
>
> A DBA might want everything in the RedoLogs but some
> smart developer writes a job NoLogging and the DBA is not
> aware of it. What happens when the data doesn't go to the
> standby or the DBA has to recover from a backup ?
> Who's neck is on the block when the data is "gone, disappeared, missing" ?

No one's. Isn't that release supposed to "not need a DBA" at all? Well, one can't blame a non-existent position... Of course, for expediency someone will place an OCP person in there and then blame him/her anyway.

And of course, the architect's decision to allow a developer to take a database management decision in the middle of an application is not to be faulted...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto