Re: Transaction Management

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:27:06 GMT

Conflict Resolution is normally a gruesome DBA task when you have Oracle Enterprise running and have ARO or SRO running across instances either on the same machine or through a network of systems. The DBA has to decide what happens when Oracle cannot make up its mind on its own.

(Advanced Replication Option, Symmetric Replication Option) Where is my Vioxx when I need it?

If your system is that sensitive to atomicity and synchrony, you may want to consider a third party TPM (teleprocessing monitor) such as BEA's (formerly Bell Lab's) Tuxedo and use the XA interfaces to Oracle. Oracle has a few tricks in its bag along these lines too, lately.

Identify and analyze just what your critical business decision points are; that may help you decide how complicated you want to get in fixing them.

RSH.