Re: intermittent commit on insert ?

From: Chuck <chuckhNOSPAM_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:37:29 -0400

Why would smaller commits increase the log volume? You're still inserting the same amount of data into the table. The miniscule amount of log space to hold the commit records isn't even worth mentioning.

I think everyone is missing the point here though - how much RBS space is consumed by inserts? It's tiny! The space required to insert 1m rows is problably around 10m. If you're RBS can't afford a 10m RBS you've got some serious space issues.

--
Chuck Hamilton