Re: intermittent commit on insert ?

From: Norbert Vossiek <norbert.vossiek_at_gmx.li>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:00:48 +0200

You mentioned the performance hit of intermittent commits. Hhm. Let's say we insert some 1.000.000 records (which we do in cursor loops). What's the impact of e.g. 1.000 commits instead of one? Where would this effect come from? Task switching? Non-contiguous I/O?

We use a configurable commit number variable and do not see any mentionable effect on such bulk transactions, i.e. if we vary the commit rate from every 100th to every 1000th record.

Norbert

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3CFCE560.9EB15807_at_exesolutions.com...
> Sunil wrote:
>
> > I need to insert into a table T1, data from two views V1 or V2. The
name
> > of the view will be passed in as a parameter to my procedure( l_view) .
Also