Re: Oracle 9i strange behavior (ORA-600)

From: TECNISA Development Team <desenvolvimento_at_tecnisainfor.com.br>
Date: 4 Jun 2002 09:54:39 -0700

Thanks for all that answered my post. I found the solution. I got this text from the web:

"A bug in Oracle9i is causing UNION ALL to fail when using bind variables. The Oracle bug number is 2105414. The Oracle TAR for this bug is 1877212.995. Oracle has stated that the bug has been scheduled to be fixed in the Oracle 9.2 release.

Oracle has suggested a work-around for the problem: setting the hidden initialization parameter _push_join_union_view to false. At Oracle 9i, the default for this parameter is true. It is suggested that this be set in the initialization file so that the change takes effect for the entire database:

_push_join_union_view=false

After making this change to the initialization file, you will have to restart Oracle in order for the change to take effect.

(...)"

Again, thanks!!!

Zed.