Newbie question .....

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2002 02:30:34 -0700

Hello ,

I am a Newbie in Oracle . How do I find out table related information like :

Current Size of Table & its related Index Dependencies of / upon Table
Index columns of table
Permissions on the table

Also I want to find out currently connected users to Oracle Instance & the last command run by those users.

I know I can use Enterprise Manager but I want to know commands from SQL Plus.

I have created a user with default tablespace as USERS . User has CONNECT & DBA Previlages. I then created a table using newly created user. I checked with desc tab_name but it gives me information only about column names & datatypes.

I tried doing selects on some views of SYSTEM user . But those doesnot seem to have any information about objects on different Tablespace. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Mahesh Received on Tue Jun 04 2002 - 04:30:34 CDT