Re: ORA-01034: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:44:26 +1000

Hi

You've restarted the PC but have you restarted the database (is the startup type for the database service automatic)?

Look in Services (Control Panel => Administrative Tools) for the Oracle Service for your DB and check the status. If not started, start and change the service type to automatic.

Richard