Re: Loosing connection to Oracle Instance.

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:11:55 GMT

Duh, I was not paying attention.

Define listeners for the different ports and ensure that (SERVER=DEDICATED) for each, MTS is not appropriate for 3 tier services.

Define three different listener addresses to begin with, one for life, one ofr test, and one for accounting. I usually block out the service addresses:

#1520 - 1540 RESERVED FOR ORACLE # assign 1521 for casual Oracle use

# assign 1522 for Life
# assign 1523 for test
# assign 1524 for accounting

# 1526 should be reserved for Oracle Names
#

# 1527 and
# 1528 might be set aside for Oracle Enterprise Manager SNMP usage