Long transaction & LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL

From: Y <y_at_y.y>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 02:46:03 GMT

Why we say LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL ensures that no more than log_checkpoint_interval number of redo blocks are read during instance recovery.

Checkpoint only ensures those dirty pages in buffers will be written to disk. If there is a long transaction which will span more than one log file. During the instance recovery, there are maybe more than log_checkpoint_interval will be need to be read.

Would you tell me where my understanding is wrong?

TIA Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 21:46:03 CDT