when was extent created? or planning db growth

From: NetComrade <netcomrade_at_netscape.net>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 12:29:14 -0700

Recently I had some failures on extending tables. I regularly check for space via joining dba_free_space and dba_segments, but I think multiple tables grabbed a new extent in between the check that I run.
I'd like to come up w/ a way of easily predicting such growth via using dbms_space package and some historical data on how the table grew.. The thing is, I don't have such historical data besides backup logs. Is there a view I can look this up? I'd be particularly interested in a time stamp of creation of new extents.

Thanx.

--
Oracle 8.1.7.3 on solaris 7.