Oracle 9.2 on Suse 8.0, any experience?

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:50:50 +0200

Dear all,
the company I'm working for decided to run Oracle 9.2 EE on Suse 8.0 for an OLTP system.
Has anybody gone through the installation process, maybe observed difficulties?
Another poster today described problems with with Suse 7.2 and Oracle 9.2 running OUI:
<snip>

The I18N code is broken even for en_US. Try:

   unset LANG
   unset LC_ALL
   unset LC_MESSAGE
   $ORACLE_HOME/bin/runInstaller

</snip>

Is this also the case for Suse 8.0?

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks and have a nice day
Manuela Mueller Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 13:50:50 CDT