Domain index in LOADING status and table cannot be updated

From: Ilya Shambat <ishambat_at_aol.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 08:51:53 -0700

Hello,

I'm having a very strange problem. Populating a domain index on a CLOB field in CASETEXT table using Java routines was generating millions of errors, which were being placed in dr$index_errors table. The administrator stopped the Java routines, after which the dr$index_errors table was no longer being populated. However, the domain index is marked with the status INPROGRESS, or LOADING, and updates against the CASETEXT table fail. The application is not functioning for this reason. When I run "drop index INDEX_CASETEXT" I get error message ORA-29868: cannot issue DLL on domain index marked as LOADING. When I run "alter index INDEX_CASETEXT disable" or "alter index INDEX_CASETEXT unusable" I get messages telling me that these are invalid options. I checked the ALL_TRIGGERS table and did not find any triggers that were firing against CASETEXT table. How can I solve this problem? Should I truncate the CASETEXT table or is there anything I can do to get the index out of the LOADING status?

Regards,

Ilya. Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 10:51:53 CDT