newbie-Q: Starting / Stopping Oracle Server on Unix

From: Frank Ratzlow <frank_ratzlow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 06:03:38 -0700

Hallo,

could anyone give me a hint how to startup the Oracle RDBMS on a Solaris box? (Think there has a server with all its proc to be started and a database is running within the server environment ...)

Are any shell scripts already provided with a default install? Do I have to insert some entries into the /etc/services to map the ports with the oracle server?
And finally is there any default Oracle port used by the Oracle Client?

Lots of questions ...

TIA Frank
frank_ratzlow_at_nojunk.hotmail.com Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 08:03:38 CDT