Re: A big thanks to all the Ozzies

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2002 20:10:19 -0700

In article <3cf34e10$1$28007$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>, Nuno says...

>who approached me in the dbforum in Sydney offering thanks and
>encouragement for my posts here. Makes it all worthwhile, folks. I was
>personally touched by some of the comments: didn't know I had reached so
>many people.
>
>Would make me an even happier Vegemite if I started seeing some of your
>own posts showing up. Don't be afraid to contribute: sharing your
>experiences is a learning process for yourselves too. If nothing else,
>it helps you focus on the real issues to properly articulate them. And
>don't forget to stick a ".au" somewhere in your domain so we all know
>where you are.
>
>I strongly recommend you don't miss one of these meetings (dbfora?). It
>is a great learning experience to be able to ask direct questions off
>Jonathan, Steve, Anjo, and so on. And share experiences with so many
>others. Highly recommended.
>
>It was also great to finally meet face to face some of the regular (and
>irregular) contributors here. Good also to finally meet Howard, who took
>time off his busy personal schedule to show up and have a chat after
>hours.
>

>Will be off air for the next 3 or so days due to a minor surgical thing,
>but will be back here soon.
>Once again: thanks a lot, folks.
>--
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

Always makes it worthwhile doesn't it? Hope all goes well with your "minor surgical thing" - I'm off the air from tomorrow for back surgery myself, though I'm not sure how long for.

As a complete aside, how did the forum go from a participant perspective? With presenters like that it can't have gone badly, but it would be interesting to hear the participant viewpoint.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sun Jun 02 2002 - 22:10:19 CDT