Re: Naming conventions?

From: Tintin <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 22:07:31 GMT

> Everyone has one ... or ten.

Oh, that's nice and standard. :-)

> My personal choice is to make it based on my ability to easily perform
> ORDER BY sorts when selecting from data dictionary tables and views. So,
for
> example, I name primary keys PK_table_name rather than table_name_PK. But
> there is no universally recognized standard except within the confines of
> single organization though there are probably a dozen reasonably well
> recognized, but rarely followed, syntaxes.
>
> Wishing to not get involved in a religious war I will bow out now.

So, in summary, it's make your own? I could easily make my own. Problem is, I'm not fully versed with Oracle so I don't know if I'll pick a naming convention which will limit me down the road. That's why I thought maybe some of the Oracle pro's might be able to help.

Thanks.

~ !T Received on Sun Jun 02 2002 - 17:07:31 CDT