Re: replication between to db's with same sid

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:17:02 GMT

David,
Advanced Replication does insist that the databases match their database links. You may change the database name if necessary after the database has been created with the follwing info:
-- changing global_name of database
1) Write global_name to database using the format "PROD1.WORLD". Note: No more than one period is allowed, and the name must be in for format of db_name "." db_domain.
2) Then if the global_name needs updated to a non-standard format like "PROD1" (with no db_domain), update the table after step 1 has been completed:
update global_name set global_name = 'PROD1'; commit
or
update global_name set global_name = 'PROD1.NEW'; commit
Note: In all cases, the database link name must exactly match the database global_name because the init.ora global_names parameter must be set to TRUE in order for replication to work correctly.

I have a few tips like this documented clear at the end of the following page on my website:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/repgen/repgen_example_repdoc1.htm l

There are some example sql scripts here: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/repgen/repgen_files.html

David Simpson