Re: Beginners Question on Stored Procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 19:49:11 +0200

On 31 May 2002 09:41:22 -0700, victorkaminsky_at_yahoo.de (Victor Kaminsky) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have created a stored procedure under 8.1.7 on Linux 7.3(Kernel
>2.4.12).
>There a some DBLinks and I wonder how I can create this procedure on
>every instance, not just on the one i am logged on. Do I have program
>a loop for every entry in oratab, or can I do this under SQL*Plus? I
>do not want to connect to each instance and type the Procedure over
>and over again.
>
>Thank you for your help.
>
>VK

Enough hints? Final hint: If you really insist on having the procedure in every instance, with a for loop and execute immediate you should only need to type it a second time.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 12:49:11 CDT