Re: materialized view not refreshing

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:19:42 GMT

If you don't know how to use DBMS_JOB, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.
there are parameters such as job_queue_processes and job_queue_interval that need to be set for it to work, then there are such things to consider as job failures (after 16 failures it stops trying, and retry rate is a pain in the a$$). I had up to 200 Mviews/spapshots setup in full refresh and fast refresh mode via oracle jobs, and they worked fine. Some refreshed every hour some once a day.
Anyway, if you're so smart and are using crontab/shell, why don't u trap the errors/output that it might produce? Also, study your user_snapshots view.

On Fri, 31 May 2002 11:38:01 -0400, "Chuck" <chuckhNOSPAM_at_softhome.net> wrote:

>DBMS_JOB never refreshed the view correcty. We abandoned trying to use it
>and ran it through cron instead. Cron worked fine for a year, up until last
>week.
>
>"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> Just FYI in a *correctly* set up materialized view, dbms_job would refresh
>> the view.
>> Quite likely *that* is your problem: you're missing the necessary Oracle
>> jobs.

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 12:19:42 CDT