Re: ORA 01034, ORACLE not available

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:08:05 GMT

Jim Dunsmoor wrote:

> Help!
> I've installed Oracle8i 8.1.7 on a machine running Linux SuSe 7.2.
> I can not start the Oracle app. I am able to start svrmgrl and connect as
> internal.
> BUT, as soon as I type in anything I get the error message "ORACLE not
> available."
> I've checked everything I can find reference to, files, kernel semaphores,
> swap size, etc. but still no luck.
> Can anyone help me and save my sanity?
>
> JD

Did you follow the installation instructions on the disk or did you just click on the prompts as they came up?

Did you check to see if the listener is started?

   For example: lsnrctl status
When you connect as internal have you checked to see if the database is started?

   For example: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tab$; Exactly what error message are you getting with "ORACLE not available" ... our crystal balls are out being repaired this century.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 12:08:05 CDT