Re: Resizing of Data Files - How Long SHOULD It Take?

From: Richard E Sgrignoli <Richard.Sgrignoli_at_highmark.com>
Date: 31 May 2002 06:24:56 -0700

The filesystem which had the greatest length of time to resize (34 minutes) was /u08.....therefore, that is where I did the mkfile.....so that I could at least compare that on the same filesystem which was giving our Oracle folks so much grief.....and from the results below, I'd say that the mkfile's went fairly quickly.....