Re: RBO to RIP

From: Cristian Veronesi <veronesic_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:57:50 +0200

Dusan Bolek wrote:

> Maybe more suprising information is that there
> will be no 9i release 3 and instead of rel3 we'll get a another major
> release soon. If 9i will be desupported in two years, then we can
> expect to have 10i next year.

I think this is a consequence of the new version numbering model. Having lost the third digit (the application server version), they have to use the second digit for numbering maintenance releases, and if they want to introduce new features they have to increase the first digit. So instead   of 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.1.0, we (will) have 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10.0.0.

Kind regards, Cristian Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 04:57:50 CDT