Re: Odd statement in docs regarding block size

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:56:01 +1000

It's the perennial problem: do you tell an approximation of the truth which is technically inaccurate, but which will "do" for 70% of the DBAs who have nothing too large or to strenuous to manage, and is relatively simple to grasp; or do you tell the nitty-picky technically accurate stuff, the reasoning for which can be quite hard to explain and/or understand, and which quite often won't make a major difference to performance/resilience/whatever?

There's votes to be had in both approaches.

I can't speak for Tom, but I suspect my problem is just that I have too much time on my hands to play and experiment!

Regards