Read error in .dbf file on Sun server

From: Bill Hutchison <billh_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:56:18 GMT

We have a read error which is reported when backing up with BRU, however it is apparently beyond the area which is used by Oracle at this point. It is the 2nd of two 50MB dbf files which are part of tablespace Prestige. I'm wondering if I can do a full export, shut down Oracle, rename the bad file to something else, copy the good file to the name of the former bad file, start Oracle, import the full export, then exclude the renamed bad file from the BRU backup and be in good shape.

If that won't work because of internal structures in the .dbf files, what would be a better approach?

Thanks!
Bill Hutchison
Anchorage Alaska Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 11:56:18 CDT