Re: Many indexes on a large table

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 05:56:34 -0500

Good suggestion.
Depending on your disk layout creating in parallel may also help.

Also try adding a 'nologging' (8i) or 'unrecoverable' (7)parameter onto the create statement.
It will speed it up. But read up on the 'side effects' of doing so.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'