impossible to delete on materialized views

From: Jerome B <jbaton_at_oxymel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:21:09 +0200

Hello Group,

I thought materialized views where comparable to tables.

Why is it impossible to delete rows via sql ? Is it a way to do it except recreating the views from scratch ?

My views are based on a single table, the options I use for each are BUILD IMMEDIATE
REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND and before to create them, I set

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON myTable
WITH primary key, ROWID
INCLUDING NEW VALUES; I use oracle 8i (8.1.7.3 on w2000)

Thanks for your help.

Jerome Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 04:21:09 CDT