replication between to db's with same sid

From: David Leach <david_at_healthinsite.gov.au>
Date: 30 May 2002 00:12:00 -0700

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me a) if it's possible, and b) how to setup two Oracle 8i databases to multi-master replicate if they're exactly the same? (well, same sid).

I'm trying to failover client connections to a single ip/sid transparently onto multiple back end database instances (not load balance.. more hot standby).

Is this possible?

thanks,

David. Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 02:12:00 CDT