Cannot Extend Datafile on Backup Database

From: markag <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 30 May 2002 06:14:00 GMT

Subject: Cannot Extend Datafile on Backup Database

RDBMS Version: 8.1.6.0.0 Operating System and Version: Windows 2000 SP2 Error Number (if applicable): ORA-01237 Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Server Manager Product Version:

When applying the archive logs to my backup database by

recover standby database

I got the following:

ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors ORA-01237: cannot extend datafile 4 ORA-01110: data file 4: 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PHYDB001\TEMP01.DBF' ORA-27068: skgfdisp: buffer is not aligned properly OSD-04005: SetFilePointer() failure, unable to read from file
O/S-Error: (OS 112) There is not enough space on the disk.

My problem is for some reason my TEMP01.DBF file is 11 gig big and the drive it is on is out of space. How can I reduce this datafile and still keep my database in recovery mode or what can I do? The file does not need to be that big, so i'll need to reduce it size and change it's storage params to prevent this from happening again.

Your Help Appreciated....