Re: show parameter sort_area ?

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 30 May 2002 14:09:06 +1000

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> writes:
> I have the dba role. Could it be anything else?

Ryan,

Here are a few more things to try.

Log into SQL*Plus as SYSTEM and do

   SELECT FROM V$PARAMETER WHERE NAME LIKE 'sort_area%'; and also do

   SHOW PARAMETER sort_area

Both of these should work. If they don't then give us the exact errors, and the versions of the database and of SQL*Plus itself.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.