Re: Drop by accident?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:07:19 +1000

I don't know if this is story is true or not but it's kind of cute.

A DBA received an anxious phone call from a distraught user who wrote a delete statement that had an incorrect where condition and deleted half the table instead of the few rows expected.

"I can't see them, they're gone" the user wailed.

"Have you issued a commit" ? asked the DBA, thinking and hoping all is not lost.

After a couple of moments the user replied, "I hadn't, but I have now and I still can't see the rows" !!

Lack of security, lack of training and lack of common sense makes your scenario all too common.

Regards

Richard