Star transforms and global temp tables

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 29 May 2002 11:55:36 -0700

In our explain plans for star transformations we are seeing the use of global temporary tables. Since GTTs are disk structures in the temporary tablespace this is slowing down our joins. The undoc parameter "_temp_tran_block_threshold" seems to setting the threshold for this to occur at 100 blocks. Anyone seen this parameter changed or modified to increase the threshold? With 5 free gigabytes of memory we would much rather do the work there then on disk...

Mike Ault Received on Wed May 29 2002 - 13:55:36 CDT