Re: Percentage of execution for single statements

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 29 May 2002 05:19:25 -0700

In article <c71992f2.0205290127.45e96b20_at_posting.google.com>, Fabrizio_Semadeni_at_yahoo.com says...

>Hi
>
>I'm working in a NT environment, with a Java Application
>that communicates with an Oracle 8i database via JDBC (java 1.3.1).
>
>I need to know the percentage of execution of single statements
>that take a long time to execute (e.g. update of a large amount of rows).
>The goal is to inform the user, so that he does not think the
>application as hung up.
>
>Is there any information that could be retrieved from a system table
>about the percentage of execution of statements?
>

>Thanks in advance for help/hints
>
>Fabrizio

See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:927351834270

but be aware that you'll need another connection in order to do this (one to run the update, the other to show whats happening)

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/